Common Darter

I found this guy on the South Downs recently. They tolerate you getting quite close but I still had to handhold as they don’t stay for long.
I chose the low angle to allow the wings to show against the sky.

Lumix GX8 Olympus 60mm

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Ryan, nice critical focus on the head and the DOF looks good given the angle of the dragonfly. It would help if you would post your shooting specs (aperture, shutter speed, ISO) for critiquing. The vein detail in the wings is nice. I think the dragonfly is somewhat overwhelmed by the perch here.

Ryan: Really good POV and good DOF management. I also like your comp. When posting please consider resizing your images to about 1500 pixels on the long side. High resolution images put a bit of a strain on the server and makes your images a more inviting target for pirates. >=))>

Hi Ryan, this is a nice look at the Dragonfly. They are fun to photograph. Some will tolerate your presence, and some don’t. I like the perch, but wish the background was more out of focus. It looks like you have very nice detail in the Dragonfly and it’s perch.

Thanks for the comments, very useful and very much appreciated.
The further tech details are, f5.6 1/800 and ISO 200
(Bill yes of course I will reduce size in future to limit the strain on the NPN servers…if only there were pirates waiting to nick my shots!)