Coneflower Corner

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/125 @ f8
Coneflowers are one of my favorite summer flowers and this year we have the biggest crop of them we’ve ever had and most of them are packed into this one little corner of the garden. Chrissy has outdone herself. I thought I would start a little mini-series of these beauties with a wide view of some of the incredible variety we have. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Wonderful image, Bill… :+1:

This is splendid, Bill. Interesting how your first impression is simply of a delightful bouquet-like mix of flowers and then you gradually sense the rise of the three uppermost flowers out of the bed below to form a very satisfying composition. Very nicely done !!

Bill, they are gorgeous. Love the different colors. I planted a couple pink ones last year, and they are doing well too, but nothing like this. I am looking forward to seeing the butterflies enjoying them. Very nice, and compliments to your gardener!

Wow, gorgeous Bill. Can’t wait to see the rest of the series. Chrissy must be a “master gardener” these are just amazing.

What an outstanding presentation!!! One of your recent best, amoung others… Larry

That’s an awesome display, Bill. Excellent composition and depth of field management. My only question is where are the bees? With that many flowers in bloom, I’d expect some pollinators.

Oh my Bill. So many gorgeous subjects and a equally gorgeous capture. My coneflowers rarely come back. What a wonderful garden you have to occupy yourself during this stay at home era!