Cone flowers

What technical feedback would you like if any? All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Nikon D300
ISO 200
Nikkor 75-300 @300mm
1/640 F14

This was taken 11 years ago. I’ve upgraded camera bodies twice since the D300. I tried to find the original picture so I could upload a higher resolution image, but it must be stored on DVD.

These cone flowers were growing in a little wildlife area near my home

_NN01803 1200 (1)-Edit

1 Like

This is a fine look at these cone flowers, David. The details in the trio of flowers are excellent and the background complements the scene well and makes for a nice feeling of prairie summer.

1 Like

I love this arrangement and the depth of field that put them all in clear focus with that nicely blurred background, David. It really makes me wish you could find that original.

1 Like

Thank you both. I know I have it. I have many. . . probably hundreds of DVD’s with pictures on them I will find it. That was long before I knew much about processing, etc.

David,
Cone flowers happen to be one of my favorite wildflowers. I hope you find the original file as I would thoroughly enjoy viewing a larger version. I used to have some around the house years ago that were a red/orange color. The subdued light works well here as does the shallow DOF. Nicely done.

1 Like

A nicely spotted combination of flowers, David. I like the simplicity of the presentation, with a beautifully graded backdrop.

1 Like

Nice looking trio of flowers here David. You have a nicely blurred out background that emphasizes the sharpness of the three cone flowers perfectly. Colors look spot on to me. I love the varying degree of petal loss. Nice capture!

1 Like