Coneflowers Galore

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I love being in our garden among the flowers and looking for different compositions. Our coneflowers are just starting to bloom and it puts me in my happy place.

Specific Feedback

Just general feedback.

Technical Details

I just got a Canon 100-500 mm to replace my Tamron 150-600mm. I was just trying it out and since the hummingbirds were not cooperating, I headed to our garden. Canon R6, f5.6, 1/1000,
ISO 200, 300mm.

What a lovely mix of different stages of bloom!

You will love that lens! Don’t hesitate to add a TC – mine just about lives with a 2X on it (with the R5).

Thank you. So far loving the new lens. i do plan to add a TC hopefully by the fall when we go out west for Elk Rut season.

A very beautiful image that’s well composed and has great colour and perfect light. I love it and it’s not just because I’m biased and cone flowers are my favorite! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really nice, I think I would just decrease the contrast a bit. The blacks feel a little heavy and that intensity isn’t complementing the softness of the subject matter and soft light.

Thank you for your feedback. I will play with it a little more.

Lovely colors and subject. I might have tried a little different camera angle to try to isolate the subject blossom. That is tough in most gardens with a lot of flowers.