Back Yard Cone Flower

I shot this one last summer with the 5D4 and 100 F 2.8 Macro Version I at F9 and 1/125 ISO 800. Image is about 45% of original. While the background was naturally very dark, almost black, I made it totally black for effect. BTW, I did enlarge the file to a total of 11,908 pixels using AI Gigapixel so I could print it large. This image is the compressed version of the enlarged file. Thanks for looking.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and All

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any and All

Any pertinent technical details:

While the background was naturally very dark, almost black, I made it totally black for effect.

I did enlarge the file to a total of 11,908 pixels using AI Gigapixel so I could print it large.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very cool, Ed. I’ll bet the large print is awesome. Nice depth of field and good detail throughout.

Beautiful!! I love Cone flowers

Ed: Really nice job on the lighting and the detail is impressive. One of my favorite subjects superbly rendered. >=))>

Super detail on the Ed. Very nicely done!

Good detail and a unque comp. I like how it enhances the cone, downplaying the petals.

Ed,

Love the details and color here. And good call on taking the bg further. Even though I say the details are great, I do see some softness on the last few rows of needles(?) and also at the very bottom of the pink. I only mention because I think it’s an asset to this image; almost like a focus vignette (if that makes sense - I just made up the term…) Anyway, this is well executed all the way around.

Lon