Black-Eyed Susans

I shot this out in our flower garden the day. Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Does yellow seem to be good. I know our digital cameras can have trouble with that color.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Composition look okay? This is full frame as shot.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7D II, Canon 180 mm L macro lens on a monopod with gimbal head. Settings f10, 1/500, ISO (auto) at 500. Edited in LR and Topaz.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Shirley: A lot to like on this one, especially the angle of the light and the retained details in the dark center. I also like your DOF choice. :+1::+1:>=))>

1 Like

Shirley, this flower is in beautiful light, and it really shows the details of center of the flower. The DOF used here is perfect, keeping the petals softer brings all of the attention to the center of the flower. The colors look nice and warm too. Nice work…

Thank you, Bill and Ed. I appreciate your comments.