Rudbeckia

If my ID is incorrect, please let me know (found out it is a Rudbeckia). Taken with Sony A6000 at F/8, 1/640 sec., ISO 400, -0.7 at 210 mm
Just noticed I pulled up the unfinished version. Will edit shortly.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is beautiful, Patricia. The colors are really nice, and I just love the curls of the pedals. I’m not sure if that is a Black-Eyed Susan. Ours has a dark brown to almost black center. Maybe there are variations of them as well, in different localities. Very nice shot.

I like this a lot Patricia, the placement of the flower in the frame, the nice background and the strong yellow color all add up to to a great image. I think this is a Black Eyed Susan, but the center may not be mature yet, which is why it is not black. I actually prefer seeing it with a green/yellow center, since this is more harmonious with the overall color palette of the image. No nits from me, nice work.

Kind of looks like a Black Eyed Susan, but I am not sure, Patricia. The yellow and green colors compliment one another very nicely as does the OOF BG. I am not sure what you call them; lack of flora knowledge showing; :grinning: but the filaments on the underside of the petals are exquisite. This is nicely done.

Beautiful and elegant, Patricia. Everything looks great to my eye.

Beautiful detail, color and bokeh. Love your composition and POV as well.

Hi Patricia
This is exceptional. I think it adds something to photograph the immature bloom.

Patricia: Count me in with the folks who like your take on this emerging flower. Wonderful color and lighting with great detail where it matters. :+1::+1:>=))>