Young Sweet Coneflower against the mature flower

I saw the young flower just budding out in front of a mature flower, and thought it would be an interesting juxtaposition.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/16, 1/10, ISO 800
ACR for RAW conversion, PSCC, slight noise reduction in the background

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Good shot. Nice concept.

Ravi, this is a very well thought out image. I love the way the center of the background flower seems to surround a part of the main subject, just making the subject really stand out. I really like this. :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Ravi: the oof mature flower makes an excellent background and frame for the bud. Thisis an excellent usage of an oof element. Richard

Wow – fantastic you saw this, and captured it perfectly! My only idea, certainly not a nit, is that it might be interesting with a subtle radial burn from the edges.

Ravi: Excellent positioning and POV and excellent DOF choice. Very well done. >=))>

The background flower provides a great backdrop for the bud. The image has strong impact and well as technically sound. Great job.