Milkweed

I liked the juxtaposition of the flower in full bloom with the buds just above it.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 500 mm lens at 5/6 1/2500 and ISO 500.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Richard: This is a new variety of milkweed for me and a really good capture of it. If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find this? I also like your DOF choice with the BG buds slightly OOF. Feels just right to me. Nicely done. >=))>

Bill: this plant was found in Lakewood, CO. Lakewood is a Denver suburb. Thanks too for the comment. Richard

Richard, Enjoying this photo very much . Composition is great and the buds add to the total.
Wayne

Richard, I like this image. the leaves frame the flowers well. good dof choice to keep flowers sharp. I haven’t seen this variety either.

Richard, Your milkweed is outstanding. The milkweed in our wildflower garden in Minnesota has not bloomed out yet, I don’t recall such a showy flower. You will have me looking. Your perfect focus on the spiny flower speaks, “Don’t mess with me.” I agree with @Bill_Fach about the OOF buds. Great image.

In addition to the outstanding impact of the flower, the supporting curly leaves are a definite plus. As the others have said, it is a new variety for me as well. Nice to see.