Milkweed seed + Repost

Image made in my frontyard. The background is a distant tree with fall foliage.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any - would invite comments on composition

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + Tripod
f/4, 1/50, ISO 800
DPP4, PSCC, about 25% cropped out for composition

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Milkweed seeds are both fun subjects and very challenging, Ravi. You’ve done very well here at isolating a single seed, not having it lost in a lot of out-of-focus tendrils and getting a good background. While the brightness of the tendrils near the head look good and the head is nice and sharp, overall this feels a bit dark. I suggest trying a bit more overall brightness and see what you think.

Thanks Mark for your comments. It does look better with increased brightness. some of the bluish hue has also improved with increased brightness.

I have never took an image of a milkweed seed, so have no idea of the difficulty it probably is, but looks like you did a really nice job on this. I do like the repost best, the brightness helped. Nicely composed and captured, Ravi.

Love the capture of the milkweed seed. They are incredibly interesting. I agree with the brighter version.

Ravi: One of my favorite subjects that I’m always on the lookout for. Really nice comp and capture and the increased brightness is a plus adjustment. Many kudos.>=))>