"Milkweed"

Critique welcome!

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Nikon D5200 with Nikkor 18-55 mm lens; 10-stop ND; 55 mm, f/11, ISO 100, 20 s

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@griffinbarnett

The simplicity of this clump of winter foliage and it’s reflection fits very well with all of the negative space here. The NPN posting guidelines ask that members create one topic per gallery in a 24 hour period. All of your posts look very good and fit the theme well.

Thanks for the feedback Mark! Will definitely adhere to the posting guidelines going forward _ having just joined the community I perhaps was a bit overeager to start sharing my work!

Another good minimalist image: Good, clear, well-composed subject shown with lots of plain, negative space around it. One thing that many NPN members prefer is a little background about the shot. You don’t have to write paragraphs, just a few sentences. Reading other member’s shot stories will give an idea about content.

Thanks Marc - good suggestion about including additional narrative! Will definitely keep this in mind going forward. Appreciate the positive feedback.

Hi Griffin. Another very nice high key image. In this case, my taste would call for taking some off the bottom. While I appreciate the negative space, in this case it just feels like too much of a good thing.

Thanks Dennis, I appreciate this feedback. Will think about how it might be cropped differently.