Crescent in Flagstaff - WC #867

Had this kicking around and did a quick process for the WC!

This is really nice, Jordon. Great colors and shapes in the clouds and the partially obscured moon is excellent. Processing looks good, too.

Very cool, Jordan. With the crescent pointing the way it is, I think positioning the moon more to the right would have been even more effective, but I don’t know if there was something outside the frame that precluded that option.

This is a fine combination of colored clouds, blue sky and crescent moon, Jordan. While I believe that it’s a natural lighting effect, I think burning-in the bit of brightness around the moon would be a subtle improvement.

I like the colors and shapes in this image. I agree with Dennis that it would be nice to have the moon further to the right. You could certainly do a little canvas addition on the left side and take some off the right. I’m also going to suggest to you that it’s helpful to have your technical information with the image.

Thanks all! TBH this was a pretty quick process, and I agree it could use a more weighted crop to the right of frame. I actually tried this way as well as centered.

This is a crop from a 200mm shot I believe, so I have plenty of room to play with as well.

I’ll post an update soon. Thanks for the input!