Curious Doe

I take most of my photos in my own yard, but I make infrequent trips to Oxley Nature Center in Tulsa, particularly in the spring and fall. It’s only about 10 miles from my house, and there are several small lakes and ponds, and many miles of hiking trails. As I drove into Oxley on this day, a small herd of deer was grazing alongside the road (second photo). This doe stopped for one last look back at me before entering the relative safety of the woods.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any. Mainly just sharing a couple of shots.

Technical Details

Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom, f/8, 1/125 sec., ISO 1250. Processed in ACR and PSE 2020 for exposure and cropping. Topaz DeNoise

2 Likes

They are so lovely to watch, Terry. We have a very small group of deer that troop through our backyard, which we totally enjoy watching. Especially in the spring and early summer when the fawn are out and about. The deer in Oklahoma look much larger than the ones we’ve got down here. Thanks for sharing your corner of the world.

I used to have them in my yard frequently @linda_mellor, but not so much anymore. Looks like she’s been getting plenty to eat. I don’t know if they feed them, or not. I don’t think they do. Thanks!

1 Like