Dabchick

Dabchick or Little Grebe, smallest duck in India. they are very swift and this one just emerged from water, so there is a fine sheet of water on some parts.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 7D; 500 mm; ISO 320; 1/500 sec. at F 5.6

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Hi Jagdeep! I like your image of the wet Dabchick. The DOF and focus are spot on. The wet body and water covering much of it’s head and face tell the story well. The orange eye and in the body are very striking against the green reflected in the water. Well done!

First time I’ve ever seen this bird. Pleasure to view. Love the wet look and the patterns in the water. Bird is sharp, but I’m wondering whether this is a big crop because the IQ seems like it could be a bit better. If mine, I’d reduce noise on the BG and remove some of those spots in the water, if it’s not against your ethics. Looking forward to more!

Hi J Rajput
Thank you for sending us this Dabchick. The detail, color and sharpness of the head and eye are great. The reflection and motion just add to your photograph.
Peter

Beautiful image, Jagdeep. I love the look of the water and you caught the wet grebe very well. We have a very similar grebe here and they can be a lot of fun to shoot.

Nice image Jagdeep. The detail and colors look good to me and I like the composition with full reflection. Well done.