Running on the water

Little Grebe, one of the smallest duck, we have in India, running on the water.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I would have preferred this kind of action at eye level, but these ducks are very fast…

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm lens; ISO 640; 1/2500 sec. at f 4.5

2 Likes

Great action image. The duck even looks graceful at takeoff. Great chatch, Jaydeep.

1 Like

What a wonderful image packed with action.

Aesthetic: The pose of the grebe just above the water with the splash adds so much interest. Of course the full reflection is a fantastic addition to the image.

Technical: Great choice of shutter speed. Fast enough to stop the wings, but still showing a touch of motion in the foot and water. Really well done.

1 Like

Perfect timing on the pose with the leg position and splash. I like the reflection as well.

1 Like

Great action shot, Jagdeep. The reflection is making the image for me, and I love the sense of speed the image renders. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
Normally, eye level photographs are what we all strive for, but this angle showoff the reflection and splash better. Thank you for this lovely looking Little Grebe.
Peter

1 Like

Wow! Perfection in timing and technically excellent capture and processing/presentation! Congratulations on the EP!

1 Like