Fresh from the bath

This Black-capped Chickadee used my upper bathing pool (it’s shallower) and pause for a moment on a handy perch before taking off again. I always like the wet-look birds.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE 200-600 @ 600 mm, f/8, 1/500, iso 1600, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image. Exposure adjustments and micro-contrast enhancement with Topaz Detail 3. Taken May 24th at 2:30 pm under bright hazy skies, but in a shaded area.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Dennis, the shade/overcase shows the details in your wet Chickadee well. I’m struck by how rugged it’s feet look.

Dennis, this is a fine look at this tiny little bird. Great details in his feathers, and I do love the perch. I too like wet birds. Great shot.

A dandy pose showing lots of detail on a nice clean bird. I like that you have details in both the whites and the black feathers. I really like that bluish green bg. Good eye contact.

Dennis: the bird stands out perfectly against the oof background. Great to see the little guys get their due. Richard

This is really pretty. There’s so much detail that I thought you’d used flash. Bird gave you a really great pose, and the perch is a good size. Like the muted variations in the BG. Looks like the techs were spot-on.

Really nice pose and pretty image. Good detail. I think a flash would have helped although that does have a tendency to create specular highlights amongst the dark plumage. I think I would lighten the face and head area by half to one stop without losing the saturation in the black plumage.

Despite being wet, excellent detail. I like the deep green of the background. Nice curve to the perch.