Contemplating a Bath

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There was some partial cloud cover this morning to diffuse the bright sun, so I went out to the blind for a while. Since the raccoon has been insisting on rearranging my pools, I thought I might as well do some myself, so I replaced the old burned bark from a stump with some moderately dark stones (light colored rocks do not work well). This was one of my favorites from this morning.

Specific Feedback

As is usual for this kind of shot, the initial exposure was a compromise, so there were some fairly significant adjustments to the brightness of the various areas of the image. Do they still ring true?

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/6.3, 1/1250, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 5809x4213. Taken this morning at 10:02 under filtered sun.

Very nice view of this black capped chickadee. Well composed. Superb detail.

Hi Dennis,
Nice pondering pose of the chickadee and I like the placement of the bird in the frame. Exposure and composition look good to me. He looks ready to jump in - well done.

I like the setting and overall composition. The pool looks very inviting and the pose tells a story. Nice one.