Yeah? And what do YOU look like fresh from the bath?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was feeling the need to get out to the blind even though I knew the light would be very harsh yesterday, so I decided to just do it. As I expected, it wasn’t very productive, but I did like this an a couple of others.

Specific Feedback

I tried to make the bright background reasonable and brought up the perch and bird quite a bit. Does the balance work for this image?

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with gimbal head, f/6.3, 1/320, iso 1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4926x3654. Quite a bit of cleanup on the perch and cloned over one really bright spot in the background that drew my eye excessively. A lot of adjustment of the relative brightness of the background, perch and bird. Taken yesterday at 9:56 AM. Perch and bird in shade, background in bright sun with some intervening leaves.

3 Likes

I love this, Dennis and the title! So cute! I think you handled the harsh light great! It seems like this area is shaded enough that it’s not too bright. And the details in the wet feathers are really well captured. I especially love the expression! Perfect capture!

I don’t look quite this good fresh from a bath. Come to think of it, I don’t look this good before a bath! Be that as it may, this is a cute look at a soaked bird. Darn cute. I think you did as much as you good with the conditions being what they were. The perch is a little dark, but the bird and the background look good.

Wow what a look! That is one soaked bird. Nice detail on the bird and I think you did well given the conditions.

Hahaha. This photo made me laugh out loud! Very cute story.
Well done on the technical and processing aspects as I didn’t give them a second thought. I am only concerned with how good this bird must feel after such a bath. Great photo!