Black-capped Chickadee

Same session and perch (in a slightly different place) as my last post, just a different Chickadee species and a little easier to catch.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, Sony FE200-600 @ 588 mm, Gimbal head mounted to blind window, f/8, 1/320, iso 2500, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Brought overall brightness up (though less than the last post as light was fading on that one), Adjusted relative exposures, noise reduction with Neat Image, and feather enhancement with Topaz Detail. Cropped to 5340x4022 (notice that that’s just a hair taller than the raw image). When I cropped I took a bit of either side, took some off the bottom and added canvas to the top (I botched the in-camera framing). Taken at 8:21 am on February 26th.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I love the detail in the feathers Dennis. I never used Topaz Detail, going to have to give that a shot.

Linda: Topaz has been changing all its software to Artificial Intelligence versions, which unfortunately for my situation are huge files and very computationally and graphically intensive. My computer will just barely run some of them. Topaz Detail is one of their legacy programs and to tell the truth, I’ve seen no reason why it needs improvement. Luckily on their support page, they provide old versions of their software for download.

Good detail and pose. The red spots on the branch are a nice change. Good background. Looks as if there was some tail motion.

Another great pose of this little guy, Dennis. Great details in the feathers, as usual. I also like the branch, and the red spots. Great complimentary background.

Hi Dennis, nice backwards looking pose. A fine perch and background. Good placement of the critical focus point. Well done.