Yet another Black-capped Chickadee

This bird seemed to be favoring one foot and was hanging around on the perches rather than flying away with it’s sunflower seeds. The foot didn’t appear seriously hurt and it did use it some of the time.

It also seemed to be getting harassed by a more dominant bird and was looking up at it when I took this shot.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. I painted over a large bright out of focus branch to the left of the bird that crossed the perch. I also darkened the cut twig.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 451 mm, gimbal head mounted to blind window, f/8, 1/1600, iso 800, manual exposure. The flash didn’t fire in this frame. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to a 4x5 aspect ratio. Taken at 9:17 am on October 27th under sunny skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Dennis, I like the pose and the details/exposure are quite nice. Great background. Well composed.

Dennis, I love the way he is looking upward with the seed in his beak. A really nice shot. Great details in the feathers. Post processing done well too. I wouldn’t have known of any that you said you did to the image.

Nice pose, catching it this way with the sunflower seed. Good processing.