Daggers and such

I’ve been posting color abstracts in the landscape gallery. Here is one that had boring colors. So I converted tp black and white. Still looks a bit flat though.

2 Likes

Definitely looks dagger-y, but you’re right, it’s fairly flat. Depending on how much overall contrast you want, a bit of judicious dodging/burning or an easy curve would give it more oomph (and emphasize the daggers).

1 Like

Igor, the shapes and textures look good and keep my eyes moving. I see a few full black blacks, but no brighter whites (especially compared with the border). While it looks like getting to a pure white isn’t right, Bonnie’s suggestion of some target burning/dodging may help. There is a “gentleness” here that comes from the limited tonality.

Hi @Igor_Doncov , cool abstract!

You can stretch out the tones in LR or PS. In LR Slide your whites slider up and the blacks slider down.

In PS you can use a Levels adjustment and bring in the black point and bring in the white point and adjust the mid points slider to push the histogram to either the blacks or the whites.

I’d then do the dodging and burning to bring back the 3D feel of the image.

Michael

Thank you much Michael.

1 Like

It looks like a huge cliff wall! Really nice!