Dance of the Capped Wheatear

These probably aren’t the best photos but these 2 males entertained me. The did their preening and dancing just a few meters from me. (I’m adding 4 images here though I’m not sure I’m doing it correctly)

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D850, ISO 400, 70-200 at 200, f8, 1/160 sec hand held

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Glad to see someone taking advantage of the new NPN allowing series, Steve. This is a cool looking courtship display and the first image in the series could easily stand alone as a fine image. Excellent job on the focus and exposure. While it would be nice if the vegetation weren’t in the way, it does add a feel of peeking in on something special.

I hope you have a video of these guys dancing, Steve. This is my first time seeing this. I can see you are already at f/8 and yeah, more DOF is always nice but this is almost an impossible situation to get both birds within the depth of field. I almost want to say to just go at f/4 or something and let the other bird be out of focus but that’s really a personal preference.