Days Gone By

I recently spent some time on Ossabaw Island, Georgia. Stepping off the boat, you could have been transported back 100 years. With the exception of running water and electricity, our food and everything else we needed had to brought to the island. Making pictures at Sunrise and Sunset required using every know insect repellent to stay alive. This image was captured on the oldest dirt road in the US. Oak trees and Spanish Moss was every where. There were lots of birds, including Eagles. Alligators and Wild Ossabaw Boar roamed freely, including one Diamond Back snake. I hope you like the picture.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I would love a next time on what your thoughts are about this picture.

Technical Details

Image was captured on the Nikon Z7 11 with the Nikon 24-120 S F4 lens. It was shot at ISO-64, f5.6,1/13s,120mm and ev at -0.7. It was processed in Lightroom with some additional editing using TK 8.

3 Likes

WOW! What a gorgeous, haunting scene with subtle colors suited to the old road and vegetation. I love the warmer light framed by the leaning trees!

I think I’d do some burning on the broken stump in the LL.

Thanks. I do appreciate the feedback, I’ll try your suggestion.

Super shot of a great place. I love how the road winding into the distance seems to be dwarfed by the mighty vegetation. I agree with @Diane_Miller about toning down the stump.

Thanks, I’ll make that change.

This has a great, historical feeling, Mozzam. It’s also nicely inviting with the long view down the two track through all of that hanging moss.

You feel that way as soon as you get off the boat. Instantly, you are transported back 50-75 years.

Hi @Mozzam_Hosein! :wave: :wave: How did I miss your being here?!

Your photo of the old road is so inviting - but then I read about the bugs - yikes! The subtle colors are lovely. I agree with the others on that stump in the LLC. Maybe add a bit of vignette along the bottom to draw the eye down the road more.