Delaware Breakwater Light

Another from a recent two day trip to Cape Henlopen SP, DE. This scene was taken at sunset from Herring Point looking back north toward the Delaware Breakwater Light. I wound up severely cropping this file as I left the 80-200 behind in the truck to lighten the load while out walking on the sand. I actually probably needed something in the 500mm range. The light itself only stays on for about a second every ten seconds so I had to try and time it by firing off 5-6 shots trying to catch the light on. The waves were pretty nice as was the color in the sky this particular evening.

As always I appreciate anyone taking a moment and leaving your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 35-70 @ 70mm, f16 @ 0.3 sec, ISO 800, cable release & tripod.

1 Like

Ed, the colors here are excellent, with the strong blues and subtle pinks. The light is a real eye catcher, especially with its bit of flare. I also like the slow shutter action on the waves. That adds a bit of mystery.

I also like the colors and look of the water at the shutter speed you chose. It doesn’t seem to suffer from the cropping, at least on my screen.

Thanks so much for your thoughts @Mark_Seaver and @DeanRoyer; glad you guys enjoyed the image.
@DeanRoyer : Fortunately the 35-70 is my sharpest lens so I was able to crop quite a bit and still have a reasonably sharp image. The cropped file is only 12.74 MB; down from the original at 98.67; so I would not be able to make a very large print.