Desert Rose Garden

This was a bit of luck for me coming across this hidden Clustered Barrel Cactus in bloom and wedged in a rock formation. It was one of those, “how in the world does this grow out of the rocks.” Needless to say it obviously has access to soil somewhere and the rock structure provided a nice funnel affect for the rare rain events.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Mamiya 140mm - Hoya CP - Velvia 50

5 Likes

Beautiful looks at this poppin’ blooms! Getting picky, but maybe clone the cutoffs ULC and maybe even top middle? Processing looks spot on. Excellent entry.

1 Like

Good point on the clone option. I’ll take a look later…thanks… :+1:

Lucky you is right, Paul. Gorgeous colors and detail. Nicely seen and captured.

1 Like

I just love the colors here. This image demands lots of investigation. I especially appreciate how the delicate flowers so assertively pop out above the cacti needles, which themselves lend a lovely cohesion to the entire composition. Really, really lovely and great impact!

1 Like

Paul, this is a great collection of stems, spines and (of course) flowers. The flowers pop very nicely. For me, the cut off flowers speak to there being more flowers outside the frame, which adds to the splendor.

1 Like

Paul: Wonderful find and a great capture. Not sure there is a way to crop/comp this any better but Harley’s suggestions about the ULC would elevate this to A+++ for me instead of a mere A++. :+1: :+1:>=))>

1 Like

@Bonnie_Lampley @Ola_Jovall @Mary_Kalamaras Thank you each for the… :+1:

@linda_mellor @Mary_Kalamaras @Mark_Seaver Thank you for the reviews and comments.

@Harley_Goldman @Bill_Fach as always extra sets of eyes help especially with the post processing ideas. I did clean the ULC up and posted the updated version here. Thank you.

Paul, there is something special about capturing flowering cactus. Such a harsh, hardy plant with beautiful flowers. Nice job capturing the bold color of the flowers. I like your rework. I am learning little edits like this really do make a difference.

1 Like

Repost is perfect. :+1: :+1:

1 Like