Did you ever get the feeling?

Wetlands don’t have to be permanent to be vital. Maneuvered my way to this composition that the rains made possible. What is better than foggy fall foliage photography with reflections?? Not much. I’ve only ever seen water in this little depression in spring and after heavy rains. I bet it’s important to some wildlife.

Specific Feedback Requested

Thoughts, ideas & impressions are welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld

Processed in Luminar with a preset I imagine. I was going for something softer, but still colorful.

@the.wire.smith

Beautiful scene and I really like the high key look. Excellent mood to it. No nits here.

Oooh, this is gorgeous! I love everything about it - the verticals of the trees contrasted with the textures of the leaves, the atmosphere, and the color palette.

Wow! Lovely!!! The naturally darker reflection anchors the high key foggy scene through the trees. You found a little pathway leading into the BG and the layer of leaves on the water is the perfect 3D touch.

Thanks @Harley_Goldman, @Bonnie_Lampley & @Diane_Miller - the day I shot this was very productive and I got a lot of images that I’m proud of. It was funny, I drove by the day before and noticed how lovely the woods were and thought I’d shoot it in the sun with backlit leaves and that sort of thing. Then I saw fog on the river when I woke up and knew I’d have some special conditions. If things ever come together again I can take another drive.

Kris, this is a fine fall view of an ephemeral wetland with the fog helping to establish a quiet inviting mood.

This is a great image with the trunks at the reflections… The colors are great, and the mood that it creates together with the fog is fantastic.