On a wet day

My beech hedge on a wet, wet day

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Two images blended together

2 Likes

I like the color cast and the luminosity in this image. It reminds me of the type of landscape work produced by Europeans prior to the color transformation introduced by the French impressionists. I’m thinking of Rembrandt and the classic Dutch painters of his era and also perhaps the works of Camille Corot (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNrwAw00Ykk)

1 Like

Igor, thank you so much for your story. It helps to look at an other way in photography . I love those youtube films. Maybe a bit of it will come back in my next images.

You’ve really outdone yourself on this one, Ben! This is so beautiful. It really reminds me of a painting. I love the colors and textures that you have achieved. Great work!

Thank you so much, Vanessa I am getting a bit shy of your so positive comment !!

Ben,

The quality of light you see and produce never ceases to amaze me. Toss in some wonderful tonality and contrast and you have another winner - and a unique one at that.

Interesting that most or many of the leaves are soft, out of focus - yet this seems to enhance the overall effect and beauty you’ve produced.

The image blend explains the color/texture of the trunk and maybe to some extent the background? I’m guessing a body of water, but not sure there.

Unique and wonderful imagery.

Lon, thank you for this nice comment.
I stacked two images , one sharp and one unsharp. Put a white layer mask at the sharp image and painted with a black brush parts of the unsharp image in. I think a known style.
The background is water and the tree in the back of my garden. Of which I make images from time to time. This image was inspired by images of a Dutch photographer . Website neltalen.nl
Best wishes for 2023

WOW, this image is just so good. The light and colors are amazing, and your choice of DOF perfect. This is really a piece of art. Nothing to improve here.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this nice analysis , Ola. This one I made in my backyard on a rainy day.