Wet, Wet, Wet

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Municipal parc
Way too much too rainy days
Puddle of glitter

Specific Feedback

All feedback is always more than welcome

Technical Details

Z8, F11, 1/80, 24-120 at 79mm,

Ben, the lightess of the puddle, dark tree trunks and light distance is very attractive. I commend your ability to find inviting scenes locally under a wide variety of conditions.

This is a delightful walk in the woods Ben. I always enjoy your woodland visions.

I enjoyed viewing this scene, Ben. It’s realistic, what we would all see by walking in these woods and therefore we can all connect with it. That being said, if you were inclined to get in closer, there are some potentially interesting details to be pulled from this scene - such as the reflections only in the puddle, or just the land above it with the repetition of the trees. Three different scenes are possible from just that one spot. I call that a winning opportunity!

Puddle of glitter - how apt! Your framing is lovely with the way the trees and their reflections act as a frame-in-a-frame for the path.

Forest scenes are always tricky. I like the reflection on trees in the puddle and really love the top 1/2 of the image. There’s some beautiful soft light that wraps nicely around the vertical trees.

I’d try cropping the image to a pano to only feature the trees in the top 1/2 of the image. While this will remove the puddle that you like, I think it might simplify the scene. Not sure if you have anymore images of this scene, but a tighter crop on the puddle and the reflection would be nice too.

Ben, it just goes to show you that even wet days can be uplifting. Wouldn’t change a thing in this composition.

Thank you, Mark. Your comment gives me the courage to go on.

Thank you, Eva.

Brenda, I have to go back there and look for those scenes you propose. Thank you so much.

Bonnie, thank’s for your nice comment.

Jason, I wil go back there to make some more images of the place. Thank’s for your comment

1 Like

Igor, as always I appreciate your words.