The unknown

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Swamp
road
where to

Specific Feedback

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

F11, 1/60, iso 640, 24 - 120 at 120mm

3 Likes

I think one of the best complements we can receive as a photographer is that someone knows an image is ours without reading a word…I always know when an image is yours, Ben! Outside of the path, which is great, I really enjoy the way the tall grasses/reeds frame the subject of the image. They give you something to explore but keep the image nice and compact feeling. I could almost picture it as a panorama as well to really emphasize that path but love it as is!

Ben,
You took something as ordinary as a walkway through a wetland and turned it into something extraordinary! The graceful curves of the walkway are very serpentine in appearance as it winds it’s way through the grasses. As @David_Wallace already mentioned I too could see this as more of a pano. Maybe something like this. Just another option for an already stellar image.

Interestinly enough I don’t find this to be a typical @Ben_van_der_Sande picture. Your images are usually about spirituality.

That path makes this unique, and I love what @Ed_Lowe did to emphasize it.

@John_Williams , @David_Wallace , @Ed_Lowe , What a good idea to make it a pano. I wil go back there to make it so. Thank you all so much.
@Igor_Doncov , Igor, You make me think, thank you for that. I think I have lost it and now have to find it again ?? FLOW :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I typically think of your images, Ben as having a Zen like glow to them. You always have a light source and a glow but while this one doesn’t have that typical “Ben” look to it I love it nonetheless. The pathway is very intriguing. It’s almost like the path builders couldn’t decide what to do with regard to that tree and where the path should lead. The title is great and certainly evokes a feeling of the unknown. As in, where is this path going and why is it here in the first place?
I love the pano crop on the rework suggested by @David_Wallace and posted by @Ed_Lowe . It had better balance now. Very whimsical and fun image, Ben!

@David_Haynes , David, this very late reply to your nice comment ".And Ben look remark ", I myself have still to discover what that is exactly . And the pano rework by David. As soon as the weather and the light is OK I will go back there to try different possibilities .Trying to find that Ben look again. Again Thanks so much for your comment !!
Ben

1 Like

Nice one Ben! I like this a lot. Ed’s crop addresses my only super tiny nit I had with this and that was the light spot at the very top edge, left of the tree trunk in the right corner. Fantastic work!