Wet,Wet

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

After all the rain
As some day it will be dry
Walking path again

Specific Feedback

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

F13, 1/15, iso200, Z 24-120, at 56mm

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Emotional Impact:
  • Mood Creation:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Textures and Patterns:
  • Use of Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Subject and Genre:
  • Post-processing:
  • Technical Aspects:

Quite intriguing, Ben. I love the surprise ponds and pools during spring. Do yours fill up with frogs and toads singing their heads off? I bet it sounds just as lovely as it does here. I really like the low-level of color here as it helps emphasize the tangle of tree trunks and branches. The crop/positioning feels a bit unbalanced and so I cropped just a bit to see how it felt. I like it, but as always, the choice is yours. I wonder if you have any taken just a step or two to the left. Quite the springtime image and as always its nice going for a walk with you.

This is such a nice reflection image Ben. I love the twisted trunks of the trees. I do like the slight crop off the top as presented by Kris to reduce the bright sky a bit and to match up better with the reflection below.

These are some wonderful character laden trees Ben. I love all the twists and turns along with the reflection in the water. I like the crop of the sky by @Kris_Smith as it makes the trees even more prominent. Nicely done!

@Kris_Smith , @Ed_Williams , @Ed_Lowe , Thanks for the interest you all have in my work. No, there are no frogs singing Kris. Again the beauty of taste I like my image without the crop most. To my feeling it’s just more balanced.
To explain why the water is here. I put in a kopie of an official story.

‘Everyone has noticed: it rained a lot in the fall and also in February. Twice as much as we are used to. That rainwater slowly sinks into the bottom. There is groundwater in the soil. That groundwater is slowly being replenished with the rain that has fallen. If a lot of rain is added to the groundwater, the groundwater level rises. The height of the groundwater level varies by place. On the lower parts, the groundwater can sometimes be so high that it reaches above the ground. And that also happens in places where the paths run in the dunes.’

I would support a crop as well but from the bottom. I feel that the crown of branches at the very top is beneficial. I have a bit of an issue with the stretched out look that aspect ratio gives. Yet somehow I feel that’s the very point you’re trying to make. Maybe it’s because the blue is so strong near the bottom and pulls you down? It’s unusual in that it’s an earth tone image of barren trees but there is all that blue. Have to be with this one longer.

Reminds me of this Isaac Levitan painting I like very much.

1 Like