To the Water

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I went back to the Roots and Water location. Decided to shoot from a different view. I did a few shots and fell on wet leaves. Cracked the shoulder. What we all do to get a shot.

Specific Feedback

This photo has been edited different ways. My friend Bill did an edit for me with no vignetting and more natural. I posted this one being my first impression of my vision. A little bit of color in the weeds. I’ll make more edits as i go.

Technical Details

Shutter 400 ISO 500 F16 Edit in Photoshop

OUCH! That’s a dedicated photographer! Hope you recover soon. I have a shirt that says, I’m fairly confident my last words will be ‘Well, s__t, that didn’t work.’ (Censorship from the site, not the shirt!)

I’m not usually enthusiastic about high contrast B/W but I think it works well here to enhance the very interesting lines of the roots. I see a possibility of cropping even tighter to them. I love the touch of color!

Thanks for showing interest. I’m going ok. Just a small step back in my photography and music. Trying to get the roots to really pop out is the goal.
Beth Moon has done some amazing work with trees. Check her out. :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:. Peace to you. :pray::pray::pray::earth_americas::pray::pray:

Hope the camera gear was all right. I usually damage mine when I take a tumble. I too think you could crop in from the right, but…personal taste. Great knarling.

Thanks. Camera and lens are fine. I’ve edited a few different ways and I’ll make a final edit in the future. :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash:

I didn’t know about Beth Moon – her photography is incredible!! Thanks so much for mentioning it!!

I did a new edit listening to fellow photographers