In a galaxy far, far away

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

So my stump with snack photo had many wanting to see a pure water reflection and since the shots I took at the time were all using the Leica Monochrome photo style, I had a rummage through the hard drive for something in color. This was taken in 2019 and never processed until today.

Specific Feedback

Any good?

Technical Details

Handheld

Lr for initial work for contrast, color then into Photoshop for a crap ton of distraction removal since the water surface was full of stuff. Also used some luminosity masking to improve tonalities.

1 Like

I love the color palette with the one dark circle, Kris. It’s the kind of water I dream about when I’m taking water bird photos.

2 Likes

Fantastic!! Wild wiggly shapes and great colors! That little dark area is a very cool feature. Idle thought – I wonder about darkening the two bright areas at the top of the frame, and maybe the one in the LR corner.

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis_Plank & @Diane_Miller - sometimes the water is really cooperative here on the river when it isn’t too windy. Usually nearer the shoreline is calmer, too. I can give darkening a go. I actually thought about putting a slight vignette here using a blend-if layer so that could work.

Kristen, lovely water abstract! The image has a cool metallic quality about it. The colors are deep and wonderful. The patterns look great too. Nice work!

1 Like

Kris, who am I to say anything after the experts have spoken? I agree about that dark spot. This composition does not need stumps.

1 Like

thanks @Alfredo_Mora & @Barbara_Djordjevic - it does look rather metallic now you mention it. Cool. Glad the absence of dead trees works. I should go check and see if the mussel is still in that one.