Whirls and Swirls

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I stopped at a fish hatchery in the Deschutes National Forest and was wandering around not really expecting to find much to photograph when this reflection on a holding pond caught my eye.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

1/125 sec., f6.3, ISO 500

Nice one, Chris! Fish hatcheries often have very cool reflections in the raceways. The composition, with the warm bits in the center and elongated ripples is very pleasing. And the focus is good - so often these kinds of shots go really soft at the edges.

Beautiful, Chris. All those green/black swirls with the red/brown highlights in the center really work well together.

Beautiful water abstract Chris! The image has nice shapes and colors. I especially like the warm section in the center to counterbalance the greens. The landscape orientation works well after I considered a vertical version. Sharpness around the frame looks good as well.

@Alfredo_Mora @Dennis_Plank @Bonnie_Lampley Thanks for your comments.

Chris,

Awesome! Great job spying this reflection. Love the reflection and ripple patterns as well as the colors. Love everything about this! As already mentioned, this is sharp edge to edge, corner to corner.

If you have desires to print this (and you should!), my nitpicking suggestion would be to go over this and clone out the little white specs sprinkled around. There aren’t too many and not an image killer, but thought I would mention.

Wonderful, natural abstract.

Lon

Chris, this looks great! You’ve got even “sharpness” throughout, which can be quite a challenge. Rippled reflections in quiet water often make excellent abstracts. The reddish tones down the middle balance the greens and yellows on the sides very well.

Chris, I am really enjoying this. Very well captured.

@Lon_Overacker @Shirley_Freeman @Mark_Seaver Thank you for your great comments.