Dissolution

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

As the trees melt into the cliff, I melt into the wilderness.

Specific Feedback

All comments appreciated, thanks!

Technical Details

Canon EOS RP + RF24-70 @35 mm
1/30 s, f/8.0, ISO 400

1 Like

Ho-lee-cow! There are tree trunks etched into the cliff – the ghosts of the last generation! Wonderful!!! I love the colors and details. If you have a frame with just a smidgen more on the bottom, that could be a nice touch, to ground the trees, but I can believe there may have been distracting things in the way.

1 Like

@Diane_Miller thanks for your enthusiasm! I’m glad the tree trunks etched into the cliff were obvious to you. I was trying to make the dark streaks on the cliff stand out to emphasize that relationship, so good to know it worked. I do have more material on the bottom and I’ll experiment with different crops and the remove tool when I get a chance.

This is really nice Cathy. It has a nice nostalgic feel to me. I too really like the darker lines in the cliff behind it. Pleasant scene to just ponder a while.

1 Like

Congratulations on the EP – well deserved!!

1 Like

Sorry for the slow reply, I was out of town, but thank you for your comments. Nostalgic… yeah, good word. Maybe from the washed out coloring.