Doppelganger

Two perfect mushrooms grow from the remains of a cut log. Willow River State Park, Hudson, WI.

Specific Feedback Requested

Cropping and color? Composition, anything really.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Three Image focus stack. Color temperature vignette to “blue up” the background log.

Canon EOS R
1/4 sec. @ f 11
ISO 100, 105mm

@todd.higgins
3 Likes

What a great pair you have captured here! Like it a lot. Great colors and shapes. The only thing, which is very minor, is that I want to darken a tad the light part below the mushrooms at the bottom centre.

What a great find! Love them. A type of pholiota I think. Great perspective you found to get them both aligned well. I agree with Ola’s idea to darken the bit just under them and you could also have a go at highlighting the gills showing on the top one. A little dodging there maybe and also some burning around the URC would be interesting. Glad to see someone else posting some fungi here!

The color textures, forms, and contrast all work very well. I like how the lighting works on the mushroom caps in contrast with the darker background.

Gorgeous find well photographed!! I agree about darkening the bit at the bottom and for myself, would take a little off the top. Would be interesting to darken and warm the highlights on the right.

Cute mushrooms are like cute babies. Hard to resist visually.

The mushroom caps really pop in the light. A pleasing composition. Agree with Diane’s suggestion to see how it works.