Sorrowburn

Not staged.

Honest.

Found it this way and couldn’t resist. It was a bit of a chore to get the tripod positioned as this log was in a giant pick-up-sticks arrangement off trail. But the lush greenery held promise. This isn’t a pristine mushroom, and I have no idea what it is, but I couldn’t resist. Went with a more subdued presentation since it was pretty dim from the balsam/cedar/birch canopy.

Specific Feedback Requested

I toned down the greens a bit, but did I do enough?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Tripod with CPL
15-image stack using 0/+ method, +4 step

Lr processed - no cropping. Lots of color management as well as some local adjusments to exposure and shadow depth. Sharpening, clarity & texture. Zerene for the stack - this is a retouched DMap. Ps to clone out some bright spots - especially at the edges. Back to Lr for more adjustments that I always need after stacking.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

Totally cool! I love mushy mushrooms. The leaf picks up the colors perfectly and I think the greens are just right.

Thanks, @Diane_Miller - I’ve been trying to see the beauty in the aged or worn, lately. I’m going out again tomorrow and hope to catch some ferns on the edge of decripitude. Wind allowing.