Dreams of Spring

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I not only have a penchant for square format abstracts but I also start dreaming about spring during the depth of winter. I thought I’d therefore look out one of my favourite images from a walk through an Amsterdam park a couple of years ago. I liked the intense colours and the diagonal formed by the juxtaposition of the two trees. I tried a couple of blur effects but settled on the radial blur as most pleasing - at least to my eye. I’d love to hear what you think.

Technical Details

Nikon Z5, Nikkor Z 24-75 f/2.8 @ 75mm, f/16, 1/80 sec, ISO 200
Processed in ACR and PS with radial blur added as a reduced opacity layer.

Reminds me of a star trail image in some ways, Bill. I like the effect and the cool diagonal between the green of the tree and the pink of the blossoms.

Lovely contrast of colors Bill. The square format works well here. I like that one cherry blossom sneaking over the green threshold. I’d like to see a version where you rotate the camera in the field and then compare it to this.

This is a very interesting and pleasing image Bill, with a nice mix of colors. I like the square format myself and use it whenever possible; it’s perfect for this scene. Especially fun enlarged, where you can view the individual petals and leaves.

Thank you @Dennis_Plank , @Alfredo_Mora and @Jim_Lockhart for your kind comments. Trying this in camera would certainly be a technical challenge. Guess I’d first need to invest in a ND filter to get the shutter speed down. A venture into ICM is tempting though…

Really Cool …