Dutch countryside

Most of you here on NPN make landscapes with beautiful mountains, waterfalls, great morning sky.
I am curieus at your comments on images of my plain country with dykes and mills to keep our feet dry. And of course our great clouds.

What technical feedback would you like if any? All feedback is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any? All feedback is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Nikon D850, 24-70 lens at 70mm, F11, Iso64.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Thanks for posting this. I haven’t traveled extensively so you are sharing a bit of your country to one who has never been there. Great clouds and the inclusion of the green field shows the lay of the land well. Please post a close up of the village in the non nature section of NPN.

To me landscape photography is more about the light and weather, and not always about the subject or location. This image works fine for me Ben, I love the dramatic clouds and the shaft of light streaking across the landscape. The dark grass in the near foreground does a great job of emphasizing that streak of light. The windmill also adds a nice touch. Very nicely done.

My only nit would be to clone away the towers of the power lines on the left, their shapes slightly pull my eye away from the buildings and trees on the right.

We have this kind of landscape, too, Ben - especially in East Anglia but on the west coast also. The skies are the thing ( your painters in the seventeenth century caught them superbly I think ) and you’ve found a great moment to shoot. The very low horizon line and the incidence of the mill and houses make for a very lovely image.

Ben,

Hey, don’t sell yourself or your homeland short! It’s pretty clear from your work that you are in tune and capture your home turf beautifully. And as Patricia points out, it’s appreciated for those of us who have not and are not likely to travel to other parts of the world - so we appreciate seeing your vision and photographs.

The clouds are terrific here and I like your composition. Just enough of the green field to show the lay of the land; The buildings and windmill add interest and context. My favorite part of the scene is the streak of light running nearly edge to edge in the grassy field. That really completes the scene for me.

Keep sharing images from your homeland!

Lon

@Patricia_Brundage Thank you for your fine comment. It isn’t a village but a farm with some buildings . You stimulate me to post more images of my surroundings . Thank you.

@Ed_McGuirk, thank you for this comment. About the power line towers, my thoughts were that they belong to the landscape. But easy to remove. Thank’s again , Ed

@Ian_Wolfenden, thank you. Your comment is making me want to make more of these images. Very helpful !

@Lon_Overacker. Lon I am very happy with your comment !!