Fantasia

Blend of the background with the mills and farmhouse, foreground an image of the dunes.

What technical feedback would you like if any?All is more than welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?All is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques: A blend of two images

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I love the mood created by the interaction of the light and clouds! It really is a pleasant gentle scene with muted colors. I really like it as is but am curious about what it would look like with the sun just a tad more toward the left? I am not sure if there was a distraction or some other undesirable element on the far right or something that would prevent a different framing?

Just want to say that I really enjoy viewing your work.

Another unique and eye-catching image, Ben!

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing.

@Keith_Flood, keith, Thank’s for your suggestions !! And time.

@Allen_Brooks, Allen , I am happy you like my work. Ben

@Ronald_Murphy, Thank you , Ronald !!

@Ralph_Yakaboski, thank you, Ralph !!

Lovely scene with the glowing bushes and windmills in the back! I would also like to have the sun a bit more to the left in the scene. The sky is a little flat on the left side, some contrast/dodge/burn could make it more alive?

1 Like

This is a lovely grand landscape Ben, the light and color are wonderful. The red flowers(?) make for a very engaging foreground. Even though this is a 50/50 split on the horizon, I think it works okay here, since both the clouds and landscape are pretty strong. I love the warm, glowing look to your processing here.

I agree with @Keith_Flood and @Ron_Jansen, I think the composition would be better with the sun more to the left. As presented, having the bright sun this close to the right frame edge feels slightly awkward. If you do not have this extra space in any of your shots, you might even be able to add canvas and do Content Aware Fill on this image to move it slightly more away from the frame edge. But that is a nitpick, overall this is a very pleasing image.

1 Like

@Ed_McGuirk, Thank you so much, Ed !!