Dwarf birch

During the yearly autumn workshop in Härjedalen, Sweden, this year I found this sunlit dwarf birch in a small natural pond.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

1/250, f/8, ISO 800, Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X with 40-150 2.8 lens at 52 mm (104 mm equiv.), hand held

5 Likes

Hey Ola! Super simple, yet hard to do. You nailed this one. I love the difference in color, but most of all the spacing of the blue negative space around the subject. You have equal parts on every side, but maintain a level of visual flow. Very well done!

Oh so simple, but oh so beautiful! I agree with everything that David mentioned. I’ll just sit here with my coffee and enjoy the scene. Thank you.

Oh wow, this is very nice! I really love the colours - the orange-red leaves really work well with the blues in he water. I also the diagonals of the branch but also it’s reflection. Great work!

Very nice photo. I like the placement of your camera to get the refection as you have it. I also like the reflection in the rest of the water. I’m assuming that it’s a cloud covered sky.

Beautiful color combinations and the light and shadows are wonderful as well. I usually avoid centered compositions such as this unless there is symmetry in the subject matter. It lacks the visual tension you get with off center design.

1 Like

Simple and gorgeous! The colors are so entrancing. I love the framing.

1 Like

@Igor_Doncov, @David_Starr, @Tom_Nevesely, @Donna_Callais, @Bonnie_Lampley and @David_Johnston thanks for your kind comments.

Glad you liked the colors, I finetuned them in the post-processing. Yes, the clouds reflects in the water. I did take my time in the field to position the branch and its reflections within the frame in the way that I liked the most.

This is incredible. Don’t change a thing.

Perfect
the blue-black water and reflection WOW

@Ola_Jovall
I just checked out your portfolio, it is the most consistently great I have seen in years.
Have you only been doing this for two years?
You say you are a hobbyist to me you are a pro.
Super Eye
Thanks

1 Like

@Matt_Payne and @Steve_Rosendahl thanks for your very kind comments. I am glad you liked the image, it means a lot to get feedback.

Steve, thank you very much for your supportive words regarding my Portfolio. You also caught me not having updated my profile, I have just finished my fourth year as a hobby photographer.

2 Likes