Birch reflections

I am into reflections a lot, so here is one more. The image is from my September vacation in Härjedalen, Sweden. Here I like the tree trunks reflections.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/8, 1/15, ISO 200, Olympus lens 40-150 at 135 mm (270 mm equiv.), Olympus camera OM-D E-M1X

2 Likes

Ola, this is classic. Excellent image and wonderful scene.

Ola, this makes a wonderful abstract. The overall reflected image is stunning. The water rippling provides just enough distortion to the scene without becoming too hard to visualize.
I always wonder how images such as this would be as a puzzle. They would seem extremely hard to solve… :sunglasses:

A great reflection shot, Ola. I really like how the scene gradually becomes clearer and brighter as the eye descends, and also how the trunks balance each other in the lower corners.

Beautifully done, Ola. The autumn reflection is quite nice and I like the ripples in the water as they add some very nice textures to the scene. My only suggestion; and this is being very picky; would be to clone out the few white spots in the water along the top edge.

Gorgeous image, Ola. I’ve never seen a reflection look so bright and dreamy at the same time.

Beautiful, Ola. I would second @Ed_Lowe 's suggestion about cloning the white bits, but minor. No other nits, just really enjoying this one.

The water ripples / shutter speed combination created a very neat amount of texture in this reflection. And I like the interplay of having green at the top and yellow at the bottom. My only suggestion would be to burn the highlights in the LLC, the white birch trunk feels a bit hot to me in that area. But that is a nitpick, overall this a lovely reflection image.

@Mike_Friel, @Vanessa_Hill, @Ed_Lowe, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @David_Bostock, @Harley_Goldman and @Ed_McGuirk thanks for your kind comments.

Maybe I should make some and have as Christmas gifts!

I also made a transition in brightness from the BG to the FG. Glad you noticed the trunks in the corners, that crop was very deliberate.

Thanks for the advice, I will implement them.

Can’t add to what others have said. Wonderful textural abstract that holds my attention and really does evoke an emotional response.

This is fantastic. It has an oil painting feel for me.

@Kerry_Gordon and @DeanRoyer thanks for your kind comments. Glad you liked the image.

I love this artistic rendition of nature. But what makes this one stand out from others are those tiny horizontal dashes over the entire image. It’s like very short violin strokes played during an overall dominant piece of music. It’s interesting to me how well such abstracts have their counterparts in the world of music.

@Igor_Doncov thanks for your kind comment. Glad you liked the image.

I would like to have the imagination to make that type of association.