Reflections 2

Another reflection from a pond in a park near my home. It is taken at almost the same place as Reflections, but including tree branches reflections.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Emphasized the blue color in post-processing.

3 Likes

That is really stunning, Ola. What a wonderful abstract. I could see this as a B&W image too. I think you have a lot of room in Levels to brighten up the lights and I think this would look awesome in B&W too.

Wonderful image.

Wonderful!! I can feel (and hear) the water moving! I love the two brighter areas with a darker one in between. This would make a lovely B/W but I think the color gives it another dimension, of the sky reflecting.

Inviting image Ola. My eyes enjoy darting around it looking for different shapes. I’m seeing lots of faces and bodies. I also like the sense of forward motion it has and the bits of clouds peeking through.

Ola, wonderful water abstract! My eye dances around the frame nicely taking in the awesome patterns. I like the monochromatic color as well.

Ola,

I can’t help but repeat the same description, Wonderful! Fabulous natural abstract. I love the monochromatic (also word use already!) presentation. This is a very engaging abstract as I could spent a lot of time looking at this, exploring the various shapes (Andre points out…). But one has to force themselves to break away from staring at this too long! And that’s a good measure! :slight_smile:

Only suggestion I have would be a slight boost in luminosity? I wasn’t there, don’t know the lighting situation, time of day, etc., but almost feels like about a 1/2 stop under. But of course clearly in the realm of personal preference.

Great eye and wonderful capture.no odd distractions along the edges, which keeps the eye meadering the whole image.

I also really like the square crop and the relatively clean edges -

Lon

All has already been said but I have to tell you how inviting this is to zoom in and wander the maze. I could spend 10 minutes just trying to figure out how to get from one side to the other. i also agree with Lon that this could use a slight bump in luminosity but that is also personal preference. I really like the two brighter spots in the ULC and the LRC. This is so good.

Wonderfully seen. My wife is working with ink and watercolor and this brought to mind some of her work. Like a lot of good abstracts, there will always be other good compositions but this one is just great as it is. I think the darker tone gives it mood.

@David_Haynes, @AndreDonawa, @Diane_Miller, @Lon_Overacker, @Alfredo_Mora, @David_Bostock and @Don_Jacobson thanks for your kind comments and valuable suggestions.

Regarding the exposure, I think I rather often like to have my small scene images slightly underexposed. But I will look at it once again!

I am glad you pointed this out. I tried to show these brighter areas and the clouds in the final image.

Agree, I also tested a B&W rendering but finally settled for the color one.

2 Likes