Abstract painting (no name)

This winter I photographed these reflections in the ice present at a pond close to my home. This is close to sunset, hence the orange colors mixing with the blue sky. The black parts are tree trunks reflections. Rotated 90 degrees.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Olympus PEN e-p7 with 75 mm lens (150 mm equiv.), f/10, 1/13, ISO 200

6 Likes

Lovely soft colors, Ola. Just enough movement in the reflection to create the details and textures. And the vertical rotation, at least for me, helps the abstract feeling. Love it just as it is. Nicely done.

I love the colors and textures in this image, but I think with it rotated 90 degrees I couldn’t make out that it was trees. When I look at it in landscape orientation (blues at B) I see the trees and water and I see a small round light area as the sun in the L orange area. I guess it depends on what you want viewers to see. I’ve not taken any abstract photos, so I’m limited in my critiquing. Sorry if I’m way off course.

1 Like

Wow.
this is just fantastic.

Very cool! Lovely combination of texture and color. Rotating it certainly makes it more abstract.

This is so unusual, Ola. Very creative and very abstract. Awesome.

Very very nice! Besides the beautiful colors, I am drawn to the open space in the upper right contrasted with the dark lines in the lower left…it makes for a nice balance. Well seen and shot!

@Donna_Callais, @David_Bostock, @linda_mellor, @Bonnie_Lampley, @John_Pedersen and @joaoquintela thanks for your kind comments.

The original photograph is landscape with the blue at the top. That, or if flipped vertically with the orange at top as proposed make it more of a nature scene. That is also a good choice. However, I wanted it to be an abstract, hence rotated.

1 Like

I think it’s wonderful that you can turn this image in different directions and it takes on different meanings to different people. Any way that it’s turned, I like. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ola, striking image with wonderful patterns and dual colors. I like the image flipped as is since it pushes it towards more abstract.

I’m curious how the warm color looked in the field. The warm color in your image looks desaturated and has some salmon/pinkish tones to it.

1 Like

@Alfredo_Mora thanks for your kind comments.

I will check, but does not have the possibility right now.

Hi Ola,
I like this image very much. If I had to guess I would say it is ice. What I specially like about it is the duality of color, with one warmer and one cooler side.
Det är jättebra.

Wow, this is so cool! I love that it’s and abstract image of tree trunks and that overall, the image looks like a close up of a birch tree trunk.

Very different, Ola, and very nice indeed, especially the horizontal gradation in colours. The weighting of the darker horizontals balances it all really well. Doesn’t matter to me what the subject is, and I didn’t even think about that when I first saw the image…it just feels good. Cheers.

@PhilippJakesch, @Phil_G and @Tom_Nevesely hej thanks a lot for your kind comments. I am glad that you liked the image.

I have not thought about that before, but you are right.

Not often I get feedback in Swedish:)