Early color

Sumac is one of the most stunning of plants to see in the fall. I find the colors often so intense I need to dial them back a bit. This was an unusual pattern, probably related to dry conditions. Lots of parallels too!

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all

Technical Details

Sony 6000, 1/80, f/5.6, 50mm, ISO 400, with minor adjustments to tone curve and some cropping in LR

1 Like

John, love those colors. Truly a wonderful plant to capture. Not sure I have any feedback to give other than to warm up the temp a bit, but that is purely subjective. Nice work!

Nice color, detail, lines, and textures. My only suggestion would be to try cropping a litle off the right side to eliminate the dark, bright wedge. Might balance the photo more.

1 Like

Thank you both for the suggestions. Here is a revised image.

I like the crop but my warming suggestion doesn’t work, imho. Seeing the two I prefer your original temp/brightness level.

Thanks! I concur. Ain’t it grand to be able to so easily try things like that out, live with it for a few days and then let it sink in?!

1 Like

Great colors, lines and patterns! Greatly seen and captured. I vote for the original posting.