Eastern Fall Pond

One part of my processing that has changed over the years is how much microcontrast (Clarity) I use. These two views of a small pond on the North Tract of the Patuxent Research Refuge illustrate that change well. The first view is the recent redo. It’s noticeably darker and to my eye more realistic of the quiet scene as well a creating a quieter mood. The older version is brighter and more grabbing of your attention even somewhat shattered, but it doesn’t convey the feeling that I get when I’m at this pond. The differences show best in the large views.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

The first has a real nice early morning calm feel to it. I am liking the rework. Fine color and mood.

I agree with Harley, Mark. The top image has a nice look, but still retains the sense of light without being too dark. The composition is quite nice, too.

Good job on the rework.
-P

Very nice scene Mark. I agree with Harley and Preston. I like the darker version.

The differences are quite subtle however the darker trees in the background definitely are a lot more appealing. A very pleasing landscape.