Eastern Kingbird

My sister and I went to Waterton Lakes National Park this past Sunday and found some very cooperative Eastern Kingbirds. This fella and his mate were not the least bit disturbed and allowed me to photograph him as he hunted!

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@jenayalaunsteinphotography

Great exposure and detail on this bird. The only thing I might change is to crop off a sliver on both sides to eliminate the leaves coming from outside the frame. But that’s minor and the image is good either way. I like the composition with the diagonal branch heading toward the top corner. Wish my sister could go out with me!

1 Like

A lovely image. I really like how the cool bg colors compliment the cool color of the bird. I am not so sure about removing the intruding leaves on left side but would remove two in lower right corner. Very well done photo.

1 Like

Hi Jenaya
Looks like your getting great shots with your new camera. The whites and blacks are well under control ( eye & head look very nice). The vary soft helps the Kingbird pop. nice work.
Peter

1 Like

Excellent pose and detail in the kingbird. I like the soft background; ties in well with the foliage. I would be inclined to remove the intruding leaves on the right and left.

1 Like

Beautiful image, Jenaya. I like the composition and the typical willow thicket look. I agree on the two leaves in the lower right, but I’d tend to favor cloning over cropping unless you’re planning on entering it in a competition that prohibits cloning.

1 Like

This is very pretty. Detail on the bird is nice, and I too like the willow branches. If mine, I’d run some NR on the BG, clone the two leaves on the right, and add a bit of canvas to the right.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’ll see what I can do about those leaves!