Embrancing

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

C/C Welcome

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

I’ve been away from photography for various reasons, and now I’m finally getting back to it, but I’ve been feeling my own internal pressure to produce “decent” work. It hasn’t been easy.
On a horrible late afternoon, with fog, a slight drizzle and absolutely no “light” at all, I drove to a favorite local beach and, with no expectations, so no pressure,
I ended up making this little “note”. After some consideration in front of the monitor, the “ note” became a photograph.

Technical Details

Nikon D810
Tamron 24/70

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

It came to me as an abstract. After reading your image description , I saw that beach . I like the form and the colors in a special composition.Well made.

I always like a graphic photo as this is for me. I love the noise, or what else it is, that adds an abstract look. Colors and the low contrast are splendid.

João, this is a fine look at these drainage tendrils on a beach, where the two stones add some visual weight to balance the angled area on the right. Yes, there a good amount of abstraction also with the mix of colored sand grains. If you have it, I could see just a bit more on the left, to see the beginnings of the two long runoff channels, but I suspect you cut this of where you did for a good reason.