Embrancing 2

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

I’ve chosen to make a new “reading” of the photo previously published; it’s not a re-post, but a new interpretation. I think both are valid.
I rotated it to vertical, eliminated a shell and applied a light crop. I haven’t touched anything else.
Ideas and thoughts?

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

I love the texture, subtle colors and lines. In addition it is intriguing to wonder how this scene was created.

Love this! Sand images from the tides receeding always f acinate me. Excellent comp to showcase the pebble, and the title is perfect.
Really great eye to have seen this and a wonderful capture.

The difference for me is that this one is more realistic the previous is more creative, just for me. I appreciate that you removed the white shell.

João, this version emphasizes the “reaching and embracing” better than the horizontal view. Removing that very white stone helps a lot with that sense. I really like the subtle colors and the grain in the sand.

This is a great shot João! My initial thought was of underwater plant life in the deep oceans. I guess I watched Little Mermaid with my kids too many times. I love the many ways water etches the sand. Good eye to see this one.