Eurema mandarina

This male Large Grass Yellow has just hatched.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments welcome.

Technical Details

D7100 + 105mm 1/160 f13 ISO1100 Flash

Bits and pieces tidied up in the BG. Topaz Denoise, Shadows/Highlights, Sharpen.

1 Like

Cool! So, the chrysalis occupant is also a Large Grass Yellow? Cheeky devli!

She must put out some pheromones even in that state! If it is a she. Wow. Super catch. I’ve never heard of butterflies doing this before so that’s cool. Great detail in the wings and body. Wish the chrysalis was lined up better with him, but he probably didn’t care. I like the overall shapes and composition, too.

Mike, I think this is the newly hatched butterfly. A close look at the crysalis shows that it’s split near the right hand side. The details in the fresh butterfly are outstanding!

1 Like

Fantastic capture, Mike.

Well spotted, @Mark_Seaver . I should look more closely next time! I have changed the description. Apologies to @Kris_Smith @linda_mellor @Bonnie_Lampley for incorrect information, as I previously thought the chrysalis was unhatched!

1 Like

Good catch, Mike. It sure does look brand new! Good details and nice color. Looks a lot like our Clouded Sulphur.

Beautiful capture, Mike! I love the details in the eye and antennas. Nice composition with her hanging from her previous home!