Evening Grosbeak

A male Evening Grosbeak in the evening. Fairly strong side lighting, so I had to do some damping of the brightness in the perch and bring shadows up a bit in the bird. A Cedar Waxwing had been bathing in our backyard pond and then preening on a particular perch at just about 6:30 each of the previous 2 days, so I set up for it. Of course, it didn’t show, but this guy did (on a different perch).

Evening Grosbeak

Specific Feedback Requested

Does the perch still look realistic after my manipulations

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, tripod with ballhead and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/1250, iso 800, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 2982x3540 from a horizontal original. Taken at 6:19 pm on July 10th.

1 Like

Hi Dennis
Isn’t that the way it always work, if only the bird would get the meno. The Grosbeak is vary colorful, with nice framing and eye contact. The he’d turn just add to the photo.
Peter

The perch looks fine to me, Dennis. Nice photo of the Grosbeak, even in challenging lighting. If we could just get the wildlife to cooperate!

Best,
Terry

Fantastic capture, Denis.

I think you handled the strong lighting very well and the perch looks fine to me. The Grosbeak is perfectly sharp from beak to tail, and the colours look spot on IMO.

I’d be happy to have captured this shot!
Chris